We regularly publish short videos on current legal topics on our YouTube channel and on Instagram.
Basics of Austrian Employment Law – Part 1In this video, I discuss the following aspects of Austrian Employment law:
– what employees and employers expect from an employment relationship
– why there are hardly any strikes and lockouts in Austria and the importance of collective bargaining agreements
– whether there is a statutory minimum wage covering all industries
– what happens to your employment relationship if your employer’s business is sold to a new owner
– what the difference between employed, self-employed, and quasi-freelance work is
Why did I record this presentation? I believe that there is too little general information about Austrian employment law available to an interested English speaking audience.
As an attorney, I see which questions are asked repeatedly. Some of them make up the content of this series on the “Basics of Austrian employment law”.
If you would like to reach out to me, you can find my contact details here: